Herbal Properties:- Bai Mu Dan (white Tea): High in antioxidants*, Bai Mu Dan is picked early in the season when the buds are still fresh, young and tender. Because of this early picking, the taste white tea produces is very mild, and sweet without the sometimes astringent qualities of regular green teas.
- Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions.* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
- Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
- Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
Coconut: Coconut, says vaidya Mishra, Director of Maharishi Ayurveda\'s Product Research and Development, is considered a divine plant in vedic tradition. Whenever you perform a sacred ceremony like a yagna, havan or puja, a coconut must grace the occasion.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- This is a fun tea it's a bit of tropical oasis inserted into an all to hectic day! Review by Lanora
Lately it was becoming so difficult to switch from my morning Original Masala Chai to the afternoon white and greens because I simply love the depth of taste, the spices are beautifully balanced and the warming effects of the spices is so comforting and yet energizing.
To my surprise in my last shipment I received a nice size sample of Coconut White Masala Chai and it is wonderful. I like this blend simple with just enough honey added to bring out the flavor of the tea and after you get past the sweet you get the bite of the spices. This is a fun tea it's a bit of tropical oasis inserted into an all to hectic day.
Also as with the other coconut blends you do not have to sip and search for the coconut it is one of the first flavors you taste, it's smooth and creamy so fresh tasting you won't believe it's dried it tastes like it was just shredded! Where do they get that coconut from? (Posted on 3/25/13)
- Lovely! Review by Andrea