Blend Information:Key Benefits: - Enhances Natural Resistance to Cold & Flu*
- Helps Strengthens The Immune System*
Ingredients:Organic Assam Tea, Organic Green Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Organic Ginger, Organic Echinacea & Organic Astragalus
Herbal Properties:- Assam Tea (black Tea): Black tea is a variety of tea that is more oxidized than the green, oolong and white varieties. All four varieties are made from leaves of Camellia sinensis. Black tea is generally stronger in flavor and contains more caffeine than the less oxidized teas.
NOTE:The USDA recently stated that drinking black tea may lower bad cholesterol levels and could one day be used to help reduce the risk of heart disease. Read more. Click here!
- Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions.* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
- Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
- Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
- Echinacea: Is the herbal medicines first choice of treatment for colds.* Administered in times of need, this helpful ally can assist the body's immune system in treating a wide range of disorders.*
- Astragalus: Has very strong immuno-stimulating properties.* It is one of the premier herbs for Qi tonification inTraditional Chinese Medicine without adding Heat to the body.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
How many cups of Chai can I make?- 2oz makes 20-25 cups of chai = $0.32 a cup!
- 4oz makes 45-55 cups of chai = $0.27 a cup!
- 16oz (1Lb) makes 180-220 cups of chai = $0.22 a cup!
- My husband and two young children have been sick constantly for three months, but ... Review by Jennifer
- The immune support is one of my favorites. Review by David
The Echinacea and Astragalus also give this chai a distinct flavor profile from others...which is good because I can not only choose a chai for healing purposes but for taste profiles desired too! (Posted on 3/11/10)
- We are both drinking it throughout the seasonal cold and flu season and have been completely healthy! Review by Diane
Thanks, Yogic Chai! (Posted on 1/2/10)