Blend Information:Key Benefits: Sharpens Memory Retention & Cognitive Performance *
Ingredients:Organic Assam Tea, Organic Green Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Organic Ginger, Organic Ginkgo & Organic Tulsi (Holy Basil)
Herbal Properties:- Assam Tea (black Tea): Black tea is a variety of tea that is more oxidized than the green, oolong and white varieties. All four varieties are made from leaves of Camellia sinensis. Black tea is generally stronger in flavor and contains more caffeine than the less oxidized teas.
NOTE:The USDA recently stated that drinking black tea may lower bad cholesterol levels and could one day be used to help reduce the risk of heart disease. Read more. Click here!
- Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions.* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
- Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
- Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
- Ginkgo: Stimulate the blood circulation and have a tonic effect on the brain, reducing lethargy, improving memory and giving an improved sense of well-being.*
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) Is good for the respiratory, nervous and digestive systems.* It purifies and envigorates the body and mind.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Love that its got ginko! Review by Amy
- When I drink this consistently, I really do feel like I am thinking clear and sharper. Review by David
- Every review that I would write for the Yogic Chai company would begin with a 5-star rating Review by theresia
This basic Yogic Chai blend is wonderful. I love the basis of premium loose Assam tea leaf and organic spices to start.
But what I really love is the addition of herbs. In the Mental Clarity blend, I get the organic spices I love, the "chai" flavor, plus the addition of several herbs I love for their benefits to the central nervous system.
I make and drink several cups a day, straight, none of the milk or sugar that I might use with basic chai. The Mental Clarity blend is wonderful, refreshing, invigorating, and I know that I am treating myself well.
This tea as well as other Yogic blends (like the Tulsi Chai! Wonderful) has even replaced coffee some mornings, something I never thought could happen.
I highly recommend this company for chai blends. And they have created something for everyone. Prices are competitive as well. (Posted on 12/16/09)
- I like the extra "spiciness', it's an extra tingle on my tongue, I think from the holy basil Review by kari