Herbal Properties:- Genmaicha Tea: Is a flavorful Japanese classic which includes a stunning combination of whole, fresh Green Sencha leaves combined with roasted organic brown rice. The almost sweet, toasted flavor of the rice adds a lovely contribution to the whole bodied green tea leaves
- Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions.* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
- Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
- Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Toasty and resinous! Review by Kathy
- Let me just say, I HIGHLY recommend this genmai chai Review by Melissa
It is just so perfect and light and very unique, unlike any other chai I have had. and it feels so smooth on my system, very gentle and I can feel that my body really welcomes it.
I think two days I go I must have had about 5 cups of it, no joke. Thank you Yogic Chai for making some delicious chai blends your products are the only packaged chai products i have come across that are the real deal. I thoroughly enjoy drinking your tea :-) (Posted on 2/26/10)
- I too love the Genmaicha Chai. Green tea and brown rice...what a delicious combination. Review by David
The caffeine effects of tea are so much different than coffee though to me. It is gentler and you do not get the "crash" like you do with coffee.I quit drinking coffee about two years ago because of these reasons. I replaced coffee with matcha tea and do enjoy it every day too right along side of Yogic Chai's tea's.
I was introduced to Yogic Chai by my brother in law when he gave me Assam Immune Support for Christmas of 2009. In having that tea, it was by far the best tasting chai I have ever had. One can tell how hard you have worked on formulations and have come up with the best! You have a customer for life here. (Posted on 2/19/10)
- This is not my favorite but it is okay. Review by Eve
- This is a extremely pleasant, aromatic and well balanced blend Review by Deborah
For the weight conscious looking for the benefits of chai with out added sugar and milk calories.
Not for someone who enjoys the flavor smack in the face of extremely strong chai as it is very mild comparatively. (Posted on 8/17/09)