Herbal Properties:- Rooibos: Commonly called South African red tea or simply red tea or bush tea, the product has been popular in South Africa for generations and is now consumed in many countries. It is a bush with fine needle-like leaves. It is high in antioxidants *, it contains no caffeine. and is found to be calming also*
- Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions. (sweat inducing)* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
- Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic (sweat inducing).* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
- Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
- Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
- Vanilla: We use REAL organic vanilla powder from India in this blend. It is quite delicious! In Ayurvedic Medicine, Vanilla is known to calm Vata Energy or excessive mental activity, combined with Rooibos and the rest of the spices, makes it an excellent blend to have at night time prior to go to sleep.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- I absolutely love this tea. I drink it in the afternoon and/or evening when I stop drinking anything with caffeine. Review by Mary
I absolutely love this tea. I drink it in the afternoon and/or evening when I stop drinking anything with caffeine. It has a wonderful flavor which I find very relaxing.
I use an artificial sweetener (since I have to watch my sugar intake) and some milk. It is such a wonderful treat for me! I highly recommend this tea. (Posted on 2/21/10)
- I absolutely love the Vanilla Rooibos Chai! Review by David
- t is a great tea to have at night, you can really unwind while you sip this wonderful chai. Review by Lanora
Thankfully I was not let down. The vanilla works so well with rooibos's sweetness that not much sugar is needed and you still get the great warming bite of the spices.
I really enjoy this tea with more milk than I usually use. It is a great tea to have at night, you can really unwind while you sip this wonderful chai. (Posted on 1/20/10)